Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bruce[_4_] Bruce[_4_] is offline

Default dot matrix printer

"Dave Liquorice" wrote:

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 09:31:22 -0000, Peter Andrews wrote:

My £55 (PC Wo***) HP Laser Jet 1018 has printed 7237 pages (as of now)
in the past two years - albeit I'm now on my third refill - but it's
never missed a beat.

I'd have to check but I'm pretty sure that I've only just put the 3rd
toner cartridge (long life version) into my LJ1200 and the page count was
about 25,000 when I did that. Even if it's the 4th cartridge thats still
about 8,000 pages each.

Peter's LaserJet 1018 gives about the same number of pages per cartridge
as mine. The HP cartridge is quite compact and is claimed to give 2000
A4 pages at average coverage. My first full cartridge lasted slightly
longer than 2300.

What's annoying is that these cheap printers tend to come with a part
filled cartridge, so you have to buy an expensive replacement quite
quickly.