Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default skip diving - whats the best you have rescued?

In article , Huge
scribeth thus
On 2009-02-27, Dave Starling wrote:
Happened to notice a new build going up and dump some goodies in a
skip as they are just doing the snagging. Managed to get around 50
brand new, 7 newton blocks. Movin that lot certainly burnt a few
calories! Theres still more in there, but imagine they'll be gone by
the time I go back!
A couple of years ago I managed to find a skip near a commercial build
which had around 6 bales of shrink wrapped soundpoofing rockwool
slabs.

I read somewhere once that something like 1/4 of all the building materials
delivered to a site leave in a skip.

Seeing that I suppose a lot of sites are occupied by subbies they
haven't anywhere to store it so in the skip it goes..

Once rescued around 200 still wrapped carpet tiles from a skip with the
builders permission.. Seems the wrong ones had been ordered and the
suppler wouldn't take them back so rubbish they were!...

Best thing out of a skip was at a radio station .. a Studer B67 tape
recorder, and thats now in a new home)..

--
Tony Sayer