Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default OT performing rights society

In article , David Hansen
scribeth thus
On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 23:27:09 +0000 someone who may be Bruce
wrote this:-

It was bad enough in the days of
vinyl records being copied onto cassette tapes,

At the time the doom-sayers said that home taping was killing music.
If that had been true then music would be dead by now.

I was once given an "illegal" collection of tracks by an artist I
had just found out about. The upshot of that was that I bought two
CDs and I'll probably buy more. The artist has a little money they
would not otherwise have had.

Same here and I have a few files which I'd love to -buy- the original
versions of but there not available and the files are 128 MP3 which
isn't CD;!..

All this "copyright protection" crap has done for me is to stop me
purchasing music. When they remove it, as some shops have done, I'll
consider spending my money again.

Indeed Radio airplay was, and AFAIK still is, of great importance to
expose and advertise new music or artists etc to the public. Why they
seem hell bent of stopping it seems all arse about face;!...
--
Tony Sayer