Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dot matrix printer

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Be aware that some of the cheaper end of the range printers are "host
based" ie they rely on the host computer to do the grunt work. This
almost invariably means that you must have it plugged into a windows
machine.

Not necessarily. You can usually network them. The problems arise
finding suitable drivers for machines other than windows.

I have a little app for my RISC OS machines called Uniprint which pretty
seamlessly uses the PC printer via Windose. Drivers for laser printers
under RISC OS are pretty thin on the ground - and those for inkjets don't
always give full functionality anyway.

--
*If you can read this, thank a teecher

Dave Plowman London SW