Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default OT Road numbers

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 00:27:00 -0500, metspitzer
wrote:

I think I have heard this before but can't find it searching. I know
even roads run e/w and odd roads run n/s. What I have not been able

That's for interstate highwasys and U.S highways. I don't think
states have such rules.

to find is block numbers. If the building address numbers increase
you are going north?

How about e/w?

Street numbers usually start at 1 at the heart of town, or the two
main intersecting streets. They increase in both directions.

In NYC, they increase going north, because the original heart of town
was the tip of Manhattan. For most of the city, east and west divide
at 5th Avenue.