Posted to alt.home.repair
Aspenologies Aspenologies is offline

Default Has anyone taken apart an Electric Water Heater?

I have 3 thoughts: Is this to: 1) Remove it from your house? 2) To get a
the elements in it to fix it or 3) For cleaning it out? Also, is it Gas
or Electric? I just recently did some work (home owner knowledge only)
and it was less than a 10 minute job to replace the heating elements
(both top and bottom) and about $45.00 in parts. One of the simplist
jobs I ever had to do. All that was required was to turn off the
electric, turn off the water, open the pressure valve, start to drain
the tank, and then get a BIG cressant wrench to take out the elements.
You will need a screwdriver too, to remove the wires attached to those
elements. Then just reverse the operation. Don't pay an electrician to
do this simple job!!! Michael at Aspenologies

--
Aspenologies
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com