Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default What is cause of miss . . .

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 18:06:18 -0500, Wes wrote:

Bruce L. Bergman wrote:

Business IS way off, the New Car Sales side of the house at some
dealers has dropped 90% or more.

Not just them. Walmart is where I go for an oil change in the winter. The first thing
that burns my ass is that I only use 4 quarts nad the cost is figured around 5.

They used to haved a no frills, oil and filter change but the last time I stopped in it
was one price only. The 'deluxe' package. I don't need my car vaccumed, the driver side
floor tends to be a frozen mass of ice this time of year. Pasenger side generally has
mail, tools I transport back and forth and the back is the same way as far as tools.

They ask the typical questions, do you want to have your air filter replaced if it needs
it, do you want your wipers replaced if it needs it. Must be a lot of suckers for that
one.

Then they tell me my battery is bad. I just bought one from them two months ago. If I
had replaced the starter first, I'd still be running the OEM from 2001.

The topper was that they told me my tires were down to 4/32 and need replacing. Maybe
over the wear bars but no where else.

Oh yes, they tried to sell me injector cleaner also.

I gotta get either the lathe or the bridgeport moved so I can get a car into the garage to
diy it in winter. Each blocks one bay. (metal working content)

Wes

Go to a MECHANIC for crying out loud!!! What do you expect from a
MASS MARKETER like WALLMART????????????????????????????????????????