Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Simple solar battery charger

On 2/26/2009 1:13 PM Pete C. spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Told a guy I'd do some research for him into a small simple solar system
for use in maintaining the charge on a 12 volt automotive battery. Found
this at Harbor Freight:

It's a 12 volt, 15 watt panel for cheap ($70).

The 45W three panel package that Harbor Freight sells for ~$200 is the
best value $/W and the panels are decent. You have to replace the junk
charge controller they provide with a decent unit though.

Any suggestions? I'm not familiar with these units (charge controllers),
could use a little guidance here.

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair