Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Sketup Question

On Feb 26, 1:56*pm, "Leon" wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

On Feb 26, 12:57 pm, "MikeWhy" wrote:

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

.. .

Egggggzactly. NOT a drafting tool.

* What is it you can do on a CAD program that you cannot on Sketchup?

Here's a partial look of the tool kit. Those modules live on another
monitor, but I have dragged them over here to give you some
indication. The pull-down in the centre are all tools/commands missing
in SU...
http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=Palettes.jpg

Keep in mind, that most single tool icons can/will launch a dialog
box, something like this base cabinet parametric. Those exist for just
about any kind of cabinets and commercial/office furniture.
http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=Picture4.png

Another example of a parametric. One of several dozen different stair
designs.
http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o...t=Picture5.png

...and then there is the rendering aka pretty picturesit will create if
called upon. (By a customer who can't decide what wood grain to go
with in her kitchen.)

I could be more specific, but I don't have that kind of time.