Posted to alt.home.repair
Andy Andy is offline

Default Simple solar battery charger

Andy comments:

You'd be better off with the "battery maintainer" that sells for
6.95 and is
left connected to the battery. On sale, it is a few dollars less...

I've been using solar panels for many years, and if you don't aim
them,
they don't deliver the "promised" output. Plus clouds, rain, bird
doo....

I'm near Dallas and we average 5.5 hours of full sun per day.....
And get
full panel output ONLY if the panel is aimed at those particular
times.....

If you're going to pay $6 per watt, which is the going price for
panels,
make sure that you are familiar with all the ins and outs....

Still , $75 isn't so much to toss away while playing with a new
toy..... And people like me will buy your panel for pennies on the
dollar in
a few years after it decorates you garage wall until the wife makes
you sell it at a garage sale.......

Sorry.... but that's the way the cycle goes...

Andy in Eureka, Texas