Posted to alt.home.repair
Ulysses Ulysses is offline

Default Front loading washers - any good?

"Van Chocstraw" wrote in message
Ashton Crusher wrote:
I've had plain old top loaders for years. I know the front loaders
are supposed to save water and soap but it seems like all I read about
them are horror stories of endless repairs, almost mandatory yearly
servicing's, etc. What's the real story on these? My top loaders
seem to last for years and years without ever needing service.

I remember back in the 1950's somebody made a front loading washer/dryer
combo machine. It washed and dried in the SAME machine. What happened to
that idea?

I remember those. My parents had one. I'm not sure if that is what caused
them to drink excessively but I do recall sudsy water all over the place. I
was about three or four at the time.

--
Van Chocstraw