Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sligoNoSPAMjoe@hotmail.com is offline

Default A Letter From The Boss....Good One....

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 05:49:06 -0500, "dadiOH"
wrote:

Ashton Crusher wrote:

There could just as easily be a similar style letter "from the
employee" outlining how much the employee has done for the boss only
to be shat upon when times got tough. Also, it's nonsense that
someone who is making a good living is going to shut down his company
because his taxes go up a wee bit. He's not going to do that anymore
then he would shut down his business (if he was still making a good
living) because the price of gas went up.

I had an architect friend who had a sizeable (100 million + per year)
construction company. He shut it down lock, stock and barrel some 30 years
ago because of the government hassle. He was making a *very* good living,
continued to do so via architecture but with fewer hassles.

By "hassle" I mean not only economic ones but things like it taking seven
years dealing with various agencies to get a project from inception to
ground breaking.

And I am sure someone else is not doing that same business. He
was just not cut out for it.