Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Front loading washers - any good?

borealbushman wrote:
We've used our Kenmore front-loading washer constantly for twelve
years, and other than my having to clean out the pump ONCE (my wife
had washed a few new heavy quilts with frayed seams) it has been 100%
fault-free! Even after a 3,000 mile move across the continent.

As advertised, it uses less soap, MUCH less water, and is almost
silent.

Soap's cheap and water is free (nobody MAKES water, you just pay to have it
harvested and delivered). Silent is usually good.

One of our best purchases. I figure most of the critics who
put down front-loading washers have never used one ... the same goes
for those who put down tankless water heaters and Macintosh computers
(we've enjoyed tankless water heaters problem-free for twenty-one
years and Macintosh computers problem-free for twenty-two years).

Macintosh compuers are much like the Celtic warriors long ago employed by
the English Kings. Dependable as hell, the few things they do (e.g., kill
people) they do extremely well.

You just wouldn't want them to actually RUN things...

Still, front-load washers, tankless water heaters, and Macintoshes are all
much more expensive than their more pedestrian counterparts.