Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Sketchup 7

wrote in message
On Feb 26, 11:57 am, "Swingman" wrote:
wrote

There's a setting in there that will *hide* the dimension if it
doesn't fit... yeah that's useful.

Hides ?? Read it again ... function is to place the dimension above or
below
the lines instead of in between, NOT "hide" them.

Actually there's a better way of doing it so you don't have to type
that in. Go to Window - Model Info - Dimensions. Under Dimension
set to "Align to dimension line" to either above or outside.
'Outside' appears to just be below.

I don't know if it is a better way but as you point out it is possible to do
default them that way. Most often, the lettering between the arrows is the
best location. Personally I think a leader with the lettering to the out
side of one of the extension lines would be better.