Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Sketchup 7

On Feb 26, 11:51*am, "Swingman" wrote:
"Leon" wrote

I was a snob too. *;~) *It's pretty much Sketchup 7 all the way for me
now. Once you learn to tweak the programs so that the lines look the way
you want it seems to be leaps and bounds better for relatively small
drawings. *I consider relatively small to include a complete set of plans
for a house. Memory may become a problem with tall commercial buildings or
large landscapes such as a city park.

You really have to learn the program to appreciate it.

Folks can't seem to grasp that SU is not CAD and doesn't claim to be ... it
is "surface modeling" software. Comparison is misleading and a waste of
time.

Oh yea??? Sez who???

LOL
Kidding aside, I think SU is a wonderful option for people to get into
computerised design and SU appears to be a hit.
And I'll stop with my Bob-The-Builder jokes, okay?
And you're right, people should not compare SU with CAD because it is
indeed misleading.
What I did find really interesting, is that Google/SU immediately
supported Macs. That was cool.

Incidentally, I use my CAD program as a surface modeller as well. Such
is the world of NURBS.