Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Sketchup 7

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Feb 25, 7:06 pm, spaco wrote:

Is Sketchup better now?

It's Legoware. Cute, and somewhat functional. But I admit that when it
comes to CAD, I'm a snob. I have become proficient with the package I
use. In comparison, SU is awkward and limited.

I was a snob too. ;~) It's pretty much Sketchup 7 all the way for me now.
Once you learn to tweak the programs so that the lines look the way you want
it seems to be leaps and bounds better for relatively small drawings. I
consider relatively small to include a complete set of plans for a house.
Memory may become a problem with tall commercial buildings or large
landscapes such as a city park.

You really have to learn the program to appreciate it.