Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Robert Swinney Robert Swinney is offline

Default What is cause of miss . . .

Thanx to all repliers. The car is now in the hands of local, (capable ?) Pontiac, Buick, GMC
dealer's service department. Business must be way off there. Right off the bat the service advisor
tried to sell me some after-warranty "chemical" insurance when I explained the suspected injector
problem. I opted out of course.

Bob Swinney
"Wes" wrote in message ...
"Robert Swinney" wrote:

Our 2004 Pontiac Bonneville GXP has developed a low speed miss. It is particularly noticeable when
the engine is cold. It seems to miss only at idling speed and is worse before the engine warms up.
The miss goes away when you load the engine under acceleration. At only 36000 miles it shouldn't
need a major tune-up. I am guessing a dirty fuel injector. Any ideas appreciated.

Bob Swinney

If it was my car, I'd say my number 1 intake runner gasket failed again. Try spraying
some brakekleen near intake / head junction and see if engine tone changes.

Wes