Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett Ed Sirett is offline

Default Combi boiler heating systems

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 03:24:32 -0800, Jonathan wrote:

My builder is installing a combi boiler hot water/ heating system in a
holiday flat that we are planning to let out. He does not appear to be
fitting a room thermostat or any sort of timer. Is this normal for such
a system?

I can understand not having a room thermostat as all radiators (except
one) have TRVs but the lack of a timer concerns me. I don't want
enormous bills because the heating is on 24 hours a day.

Can anyone please advise me on what is normal?

Check the back of his CORGI card (Gas Safe card from 1 Apr) it should say
whether it has 'Energy Efficiency'. If it has then they should know and
act better. Timer, thermostat and TRVs are all needed. If it doesn't
they they shouldn't be installing a heating system.