Posted to alt.home.repair
cm[_2_] cm[_2_] is offline

Default Front loading washers - any good?

We have front loaders. I would never spend the extra $ again. They last no
longer than a top loader and cost 3 times as much. Water and soap savings
are minimal.

cm

"Ashton Crusher" wrote in message
I've had plain old top loaders for years. I know the front loaders
are supposed to save water and soap but it seems like all I read about
them are horror stories of endless repairs, almost mandatory yearly
servicing's, etc. What's the real story on these? My top loaders
seem to last for years and years without ever needing service.