Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Baron[_2_] Baron[_2_] is offline

Default pass through headphone jack help needed

Dave Plowman (News) Inscribed thus:

In article
,
wrote:
I have a Dell inspiron E1405 and the headphone jack was broken off
the motherboard. I either need to get a replacement jack or figure
out what solder points to jump in order to get the speakers to work.
Here is a picture of the motherboard and the solder points.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...e002_res-1.jpg

Does anyone know what solder points to connect in order to get the
speakers to work on the computer. Or does anyone know where to get a
replacement jack?

Looks like a standard part to me so Mouser, etc?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1199

gives the connection details.

Thanks!

Hi Dave,
Unfortunately that jack is not the right one ! it has four pins in line
across the back.

The OP should check with the Dell manual for that machine.

--
Best Reagrds:
Baron.