Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default pass through headphone jack help needed

In article
,
wrote:
I have a Dell inspiron E1405 and the headphone jack was broken off the
motherboard. I either need to get a replacement jack or figure out
what solder points to jump in order to get the speakers to work. Here
is a picture of the motherboard and the solder points.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...e002_res-1.jpg

Does anyone know what solder points to connect in order to get the
speakers to work on the computer. Or does anyone know where to get a
replacement jack?

Looks like a standard part to me so Mouser, etc?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=1199

gives the connection details.

Thanks!

*Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice?"

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.