Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim[_28_] Jim[_28_] is offline

Default Combi boiler heating systems

chunkyoldcortina wrote:
Jonathan wrote:
My builder is installing a combi boiler hot water/ heating system in a
holiday flat that we are planning to let out. He does not appear to be
fitting a room thermostat or any sort of timer. Is this normal for
such a system?

I can understand not having a room thermostat as all radiators (except
one) have TRVs but the lack of a timer concerns me. I don't want
enormous bills because the heating is on 24 hours a day.

Can anyone please advise me on what is normal?

It's not ideal but it should work i guess.

All the radiators should be able to have TRV's as Combi systems normally have
an internal bypass circuit. You will be able to adjust the desired flow
temperature. So provided this isn't too high, the boiler will just modulate
or switch off when the flow temperature is reached.

Doesn't sound ideal to have the pump running 24x7 though....

There are some combis that can be supplied with an internal time
clock/programmer - for instance Ideal Isar.