Posted to uk.d-i-y
Maris Maris is offline

Default Removing a floorboard

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:46:56 +0000, Miles wrote:

Hi,

I need to take up some floorboards to get at a pipe that runs underneath.

However, I've found that the far end of the board runs under a partition
wall. Under the partition wall is a joist, and the board is nailed to
the joist. The bottom of the partition wall may also be nailed into the
board: I can't tell at the moment.

Any ideas how I can get the end of the board out? Is there a specific
saw I can use to cut through the nail, and that's thin enough to get
into the (non-existent) gap between board and joist.

Thanks

Miles

The obvious wayis to prise up the board and cut through the portion
one joist away from the partition, making sure that the cut is
directly over the centre of this joist (so you won't need any battens
when replacing). Any old hand saw will accomplish that as long as you
have prised up the board far enough.
Maris