Chris

Default Great Rocking Chair Maker URL

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message . com...
Very impressive work. I have to admire someone that can make a career of a
high priced item and enjoy doing it. It would be nice to spend a week in
his shop making your own chair.

The fact that lead time can reach 35 weeks says there is a market for
quality furniture.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Read the rest of his website. He hasn't made a career of this, he was
an engineer who used to make musical instruments as a hobby. I am
guessing that his rocking chair making grew from his woodworking in
musical instruments.

Let see, 200+ chairs at $5000 and up equals a cool 1 million plus.
Add 100+ plans at $275, selling workshop time, etc, he probably made
another 50G pocket change. Nice hobby!

-Chris