Posted to uk.d-i-y
tony sayer tony sayer is offline

Default More eco-bollox ...

In article , Arfa Daily
scribeth thus
My wife is just buying another cafe nearby. It's getting towards the end of
the process, so all of the paperwork is starting to slop around the system
between the solicitors. Yesterday, we received a copy of a bloody "Energy
Report" for the building. I have never read such a waste-of-time crap in all
my life ! Some of the recommendations about replacing decorative light
fittings and so on with types to take a CFL are little short of ludicrous.
They even recommend that we dismantle any flourescent lights, and replace
the ballasts with more efficient 'electronic' types. Yeah, right. Like
anyone is ever going to do that ...

Each of their silly points has an 'impact' rating attached to it. The final
conclusion is that the building falls exactly into the band that you would
expect it to for one of that type and age. Well now, there's a surprise ...

How much has it cost the poor sods who are selling us the business, to have
these 'consultants' along to produce this report ? I dread to think. I
wonder how many politicians are on the boards of these companies, and are
then working it back the other way as 'advisors' to the government to get
all this nanny legislation nonsense on the statute book ? I really hate what
this country is becoming.

Arfa

It keeps them in a job. There're not much use for anything else so what
do you do put 'em on the dole or get them to do stupid jobs like this
when if the govermint had any idea they'd be subsidising real things
like insulation to the hilt ... which they aren't!....
--
Tony Sayer