Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian & Hilda Dedic Ian & Hilda Dedic is offline

Default bath mixer tap problem

Hi Chaps,
I have a wickes bath mixer tap with a shower hose outlet which may be
scaled up. The flow to the tap outlet is fine but the pull up diverter
lever is very stiff and results in a much reduced flow from the shower
head. This thankfully is not our main shower.

Am I right in thinking the diverter valve has become scaled up? We are
in a very hard water area, and the shower hose is not much used,
especially now the flow is so poor.

Is there any way I can de-scale the tap, or is there some other fault
that this is symptomatic of.

Any suggestions (except the angle grinder one!) or links to how to pages
greatfully accepted.

dedics