andy

Default Speedy Shop Cleanup

I might add, the neighbors tolerate us to a much greater extent than most
because we have done projects for or loaned tools to almost every one on the
cul-de-sac.

Andy

"John Aiton" wrote in message
I finally completed a bedroom set project this afternoon and decided it
was time to clean the shop. High time, at that.

So I went about it with the shop vac, alternately sucking and blowing,
with only marginal results, when the dawn came. The trusty electric
leaf blower. I opened the shop doors and fired it up.

It was like taking a ride in a dust devil. A veritable maelstrom of
dust swirled throughout the building. Fasteners flew from the bench and
splattered against the wall. Dead flies blew through the service door
like a charge of buckshot. Small tools and offcuts clattered across the
floor. The dust simply billowed out the overhead door and it must have
looked like a small cattle drive.
The process took about fifteen minutes.

I turned on a large fan to vent the settling dust through the service
door, and walked over to the house for a short break. When I returned,
the air had cleared, and the shop was clean as a whistle. Even the
walls gleamed. The technique works.

But don't try it in your basement.....!

John