andy

Default Speedy Shop Cleanup

John,

Welcome to the dark side...

We've been cleaning the garage/shop like that for years! The neighbors know
to close the windows in their houses when the see we've opened all three
doors and the whine noise starts.

Andy

"John Aiton" wrote in message
I finally completed a bedroom set project this afternoon and decided it
was time to clean the shop. High time, at that.

So I went about it with the shop vac, alternately sucking and blowing,
with only marginal results, when the dawn came. The trusty electric
leaf blower. I opened the shop doors and fired it up.

It was like taking a ride in a dust devil. A veritable maelstrom of
dust swirled throughout the building. Fasteners flew from the bench and
splattered against the wall. Dead flies blew through the service door
like a charge of buckshot. Small tools and offcuts clattered across the
floor. The dust simply billowed out the overhead door and it must have
looked like a small cattle drive.
The process took about fifteen minutes.

I turned on a large fan to vent the settling dust through the service
door, and walked over to the house for a short break. When I returned,
the air had cleared, and the shop was clean as a whistle. Even the
walls gleamed. The technique works.

But don't try it in your basement.....!

John