Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus23604 Ignoramus23604 is offline

Default Using caps to balance 440V RPC

On 2009-02-25, Milo milo@oil wrote:
OK, here are the results of connecting 104uF caps between legs A-B &
B-C on
the output of the idler motor.

Should be A-C and B-C, assuming A and B are "line in" and C is the
generated leg.

Could you clarify.

The voltages that you posted, are suggestive that you were correct in
stating how you connected the caps (improperly). Try to connect them
properly and see if voltages normalize.

Try without the transformer connected, first.

Ok here are the connections and readings before the transformer:

Idler motor 9 leads, leg 1 = 3&9, leg 2 = 2&8, leg 3 = 1&7
leads 4*5*6 joined.

Now the caps (they were wired correctly, however I should add that the caps
consist of 4- 26uF caps in parallel). So leg1 to cap,(and wire to
transformer) cap to leg 2. leg 3 to other cap,(and wire to transformer) cap
to leg 2. Sorry I can't explain in proper terms.

So, which leg is generated? L2?

I will add to my drawing and post a link.
http://s235.photobucket.com/albums/e...urrent=RPC.jpg

Now the voltage reading with idler running, not hooked to transformer:

Leg 1 = 256V

Leg 2 = 241V

Leg 3 = 268V

So you measured voltage on 1-2, 2-3, 1-3?

Peace
Milo

At the motor A-C = 238V
A-B = 255V
B-C = 218V
(B is the 'wild" leg

At the transformer output H-1-H-2 = 493V
H-1-H-3 = 501V
H-2-H-3 = 517V
The taps on the transformer are set as low as they go.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/