Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus23604 Ignoramus23604 is offline

Default Air Compressor Rebuilding

On 2009-02-25, BobH wrote:
I found a parts kit for it at Central Air Compressor Parts in Michigan
for $560. If the tank and motor are in usable shape, the choice becomes
rebuild the existing or replace the pump.
I have seen pumps in the $200 - $300 range.

Yep, the math of repair vs replace surely is not easy in this
instance.

As for the price, I have seen whole 80 gallon Quincy QR25 compressors
(sans motor) in $200 range.

Bob, can you clarify why exactly do you think that you need to rebuild
this pump? What is wrong with it?

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/