Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry Peter Parry is offline

Default OT performing rights society

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 22:25:38 +0000 (UTC), Gordon Henderson
wrote:

In article ,
Peter Parry wrote:

I did some reseach recently on music on hold for phone systems - just
after Tony Hart died I got a few requests for left bank two (I make phone
systems)... { See: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7837849.stm }

You need to buy the music (one off fee - eg. buy it on CD, mp3 format,
etc.)

Both charges you mention and the licence apply only to
performances/music covered by copyright. There are many disks of
classical music available which are copyright free.

Personally, I'd not think too bad of it all if I thought the money raised
actually went back to the artists...

Someone has to pay for the MCPS Directors Bentley :-)

You will be pleased to know that the PRS for Music (MCPS) has kindly
decided not to make a charge for functions of a purely domestic or
family nature, such as wedding receptions, christening parties or
domestic birthday parties.

If there was an award for pompous gittery they would be well placed to
win.