Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Plaster Where to get it?

On Feb 24, 10:53�pm, Schmand wrote:
I have recently bought an old house in NJ. Clinton-Hackettstown area.
Built 1885. I would like to try and restore some of the old plaster,
but can't find anyone who actually carries and sells it?

Any ideas? I looking for the "Lime?" plaster or veneer. They kind that
would go on smooth on the outside. I see manufactures for it but can't
find it. (USG, National Gypsum).

But I did find the paster washers in Boston! (Charles Street Hardware)

try a easy experiment, remove all loose material, clean well and rinse
twice, give it a coat of kilz, let dry a few days,

then apply a thin coat of drywall mud.

its pretty easy to work with.

try one poor condition small wall, thats what we did it turned out
great and refinished many of the plaster walls which were water
damaged 20 years earlier

today you would never know............

cheap and easy to work with