Posted to rec.woodworking
MikeWhy MikeWhy is offline

Default Let's see the ATF regulate THIS

"Leon" wrote in message

"borealbushman" wrote in message
Interesting that "Every one here knows that sawdust ..."

Every year when I taught Shop I'd gather my students out back in the
compound and show them what happens when sawdust is puffed up (air
through a hose) under a large can with a lighted candle present. I
guess it was just magic that blew the can 50' up in the air?

BAH! If you do a Google search on this news group you will find that
there are numerous individual posters that have never witnessed this
happening or know any one that this has happened to. Therefore it is
imposable for it to happen until it does happen to them or some one that
they know personally, and then it would only be considered a "freak
accident" and freak accidents simply do not happen to some individuals
because they know that they are being plenty careful. ;~)

Think of it as a self correcting condition. The shop needs a good cleaning,
pronto, when the air gets that thick with dust. A quick fire ball to kick
off the event is appropriate. Most the time, though, I keep the road flares
far away, and never but never put a lit one where the DC might snatch it.