Posted to rec.woodworking
Dave in Houston[_2_] Dave in Houston[_2_] is offline

Default Hardwood Supply

"Leon" wrote in message

Some of them offer 1/8" 1/4" and 3/8" stock?

Not to my knowledge. I thought that's why joiners and thickness
planers were invented.

Yeah but the OP was looking for a source for those thicknesses.

Missed that.

Anyway thanks, all these years and I have never been to Mason.

I've just about quit Mason's and started taking my bidness to
Hardwoods of Houston on W 34th. I tend to use baltic birch for drawer
material and they do have 1/4, 3/8 and 1/2 plus I believe they have 1/2
in 4X8 sheets but I may misremember that.

What kind of hardwood selection and or depth of inventory does Mason's
have?

Considerable, from rough blanks 8/4 and such to S4S 1X and 2X. They
also have an in-house molding operation and a catalog of knives plus stock
some standard profiles (crown, chair, cove and such) in a handful of
species. But then, I believe Hardwoods of Houston does that, too.

Dave in Houston