Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheScullster TheScullster is offline

Default boarding over loft insulation

"Janet Tweedy" wrote

Don't think it's a w Phil, it is a 1935 detached house with pine rafter
etc. but not much head room most of the height in the middle of the roof.
Might board a few bits just so i can store some boxes up there. Tiny roof
hatch so it will have to be cut small enough to get the planks up there.
The idea of insulating the inside of the rafter sounds good as well as our
house is quite cold in the centre up the stairwell. (We ought to have
bitten the bullet and upped our central heating system from gravity feed I
guess)

Janet

Is the hatch near a wall?
If so some cheap brackets and planks (which should fit thro the hatch) would
provide useful storage but keep the joist area clear for insulation.

Phil