Posted to alt.home.repair
bob haller bob haller is offline

Default Dimmer controlled CFLs

On Feb 24, 7:18�pm, "Smarty" wrote:
Has anyone had any particularly good or bad experiences with dimmer
controlled CFLs? There are a few bulbs I have seen recently which claim to
allow dimmer control, but I am skeptical about how well a CFL can be
controlled with a dimmer.

Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks,

Smarty

I bought ONE it cost a lot and didnt dim well, so it got moved to the
pole light which is on a light sensor, it was rated for that use too.

within a few months it died, i havent bought a dimble one since.

incidently the regular CFs now appear to work ok on my pole light,
they fail perhaps once a year,

but the good news they dont take out the light sensor which is
expensive to replace. so its worth it,

the light sensor fries when a regular bulb goes super brite on burn
out, i have seen it happen.

I had considered puting the bulb on a contactor fed by the sensor, i
got tired of replascing the sensor.........

the current one must be 4 or 5 years old a all time record