Posted to alt.home.repair
BobR BobR is offline

Default Dimmer controlled CFLs

On Feb 24, 6:18*pm, "Smarty" wrote:
Has anyone had any particularly good or bad experiences with dimmer
controlled CFLs? There are a few bulbs I have seen recently which claim to
allow dimmer control, but I am skeptical about how well a CFL can be
controlled with a dimmer.

Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks,

Smarty

I tried a couple and quickly returned to the standard dimmable bulbs.
It seems that the dimmable CFL's are pretty much on or off with little
control over how well they can be dimmed. The ones I got seemed to
either be full on or about a mid level and then off. We had them in
our family room where we like a subdued light during the evenings. We
could not get the control we wanted and their light output would be
different from one bulb to another on the same control.