Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] LEGEND65@yahoo.com is offline

Default a question on angled doors

On Feb 24, 11:24 pm, jzfredricks wrote:
hi all

I hope it's ok posting this question here - it's a bit of woodworking
and a bit cabinet making!

Please see this image;http://s307.photobucket.com/albums/n...ction=view&cur...

It's not the best, but hopefully it's enough. I'm thinking of making
something like this, and one thing that I can't quite work out is how
the hinges work.

If you look closely, you'll see the doors aren't perpendicular to the
base, but rather are on a slight angle.

Won't the doors swing out funnily? With part of the door ending up
beneath the level of the base?

Yup. So? The doors are well off the floor, plenty of clearance. If
you build quirky stuff it's going to do quirky things. Maybe put
chains on the doors to keep them from swinging all the way out, or
hinges that stop at 95-100 degrees.

-Kevin