Posted to rec.woodworking
SBH[_2_] SBH[_2_] is offline

Default Putting off buying a router raiser for the table? A gloat!

"HeyBub" wrote in message
news
SBH wrote:
"Norm Dresner" wrote in message
I'm a woodworker whose techniques rely on the router table, but as a
retiree
on a strict budget, $2-300 for a raiser seemed out of my price range.

This past weekend, www.woodcraft.com sent me an e-mail advertising
the Freud
FT1700 variable speed 2-1/4HP router for $99 -- while supplies last.
It didn't take much research to realize what a find that was. The
router has a
built-in mechanism for above-table height adjustment that, at least
on two tries, works flawlessly and easily. It comes with a single
wrench -- and a
shaft lock -- and a fixed base and that's about it. Just basic
stuff, but I've permanently removed my PC from the table to plunge
use and intend to permanently keep the Freud in the table -- I've
even removed the handles to
make a little more room underneath.

I'm smiling from ear to ear after using it and I'm in love. (I have
absolutely no connection whatsoever with the vendor, just a really
happy customer).

I was lucky enough to find a brand new one on Craigslist. The guy
bought it new with expectations to use but he discovered the wife
cheating on him, filed for divorce and sold much of his toys. Yes, I
had to hear the ENTIRE wife story when I picked it up but for $75 ,
it was worth it.

Did you get the wife's number?

Better, I know which house she lives in because it's a few doors from his.
He had to move out of the house they shared and bought one a few doors down.
I hope he doesn't see me going in.