Posted to sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.repair,aus.electronics
Franc Zabkar Franc Zabkar is offline

Default Teac FD-235GF 3156-u replacement

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009 14:23:57 +1100, "gcd"
put finger to keyboard
and composed:

such as density select on pin 6 rather than 2 etc. The problem is some of
these interfaces have changed over time, for example the density select can
be either an input or an output or both depending on the drive and the
controller and without the jumper data I'm not sure how the drive is
actually configured to operate.

FWIW, this document refers to FD55-GFR 5.25" drives:
http://www.teac.com/DSPD/pdf/5fd0050a.pdf

There is an LG strap and an I strap that define how the drive behaves
in lo-den and hi-den modes.

The controller on the drive is a T4A34F, again no luck in finding any info
on this chip to allow me to identify what pin goes to what jumper. If anyone
has a datasheet on that teac IC that would also be of some use.

Thanks
Greg

- Franc Zabkar