Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon Leon is offline

Default Sketchup 7

I have been an AutoCAD LT user for 12 or so years. I have been using
CAD programs since 1986. Never have I run across and learned so quickly to
draw on a CAD type program as with Sketchup. 3D is SIMPLE with Sketchup. I
down loaded it years ago and removed it, down loaded it again and forgot
about it, uninstalled it once again and finally down loaded version 6 and
after putzing with it 2 or 3 more times discovered that it was OK.
Version 7 was released a few months or so ago and it is even better.
It seems that there are fewer errors and problems and designing on it now
seems very intuitive once I learned to assemble my drawings with components,
thanks Swingman.
Anyway, you can now print drawings to scale in version 7. For
woodworking IMHO this was a major missing feature in the earlier versions .
It seems that I always needed to transfer a curve or something complicated
in full size scale to the actual wood. Now that is possible. So if you
have not upgraded to version 7, what are you waiting for?