Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry Peter Parry is offline

Default Green U Turn on Nuclear.

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 19:33:43 +0000, Bruce wrote:

Peter Parry wrote:

One has to admire unshakeable confidence.

In all those things, obstacles could be removed by research and
development. In nuclear power, nothing has changed.

Has it not?

70 years since splitting the atom, and 50 years since the opening of the
world's first nuclear power station* nothing has changed. Nuclear is
still a highly risky and hideously expensive way of generating power,

3 "major" accidents in recorded history, two of which probably
produced no casualties and one of which was a direct result of a
political system rather popular with FoE members. I can see why you
think it is risky.

Friends of the Earth has every reason to have unshakeable confidence
that nothing has changed, or will change in our lifetimes.

FoE think windmills on the roofs of houses generate electricity.

Nuclear power is not the answer. If anyone thinks it is, they are
asking themselves the wrong question.

Or are a signed up member of FoE/Greenscreech and have traded
intelligence for religion.