Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Green U Turn on Nuclear.

Bruce wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
No? modern electrnis, control systems, betternderstanding of risk
management, manty safe way of desigbing reactors.

Might as well say that a modern car is 'no different' from a ford model T..

In both cases, the problem isn't in the controls, it's in the idiots
operating them.

Computers are less prone to emotion, laziness and fiddling for te sake
of it.

Now, tell me how many people died as a result of :-

911
Bhopal.
Aberfan
Chernobyl.
Or die in coal mining accidents each year.
Show me ONE death of a person in the UK *directly and unequivocally*
attributed to the nuclear POWER industry.
Now research how many people die from hypothermia because they can't
afford to turn the electric fire on..