Posted to alt.home.repair
DGDevin DGDevin is offline

Default Best portable table saw

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Good point; Berkeley does have an excellent tool lending library,
including table saws. (I use the Oakland one near me, which also has
them.)
But it's still a nice tool to have one of your own. Besides, the
tool library ones are kinda small.

And, as a result, there are probably no tool rental shops in
Berkeley.

Not true; they have a Hertz and a Big 4 Rents, both of which rent
tools and equipment. And there's a very good, cheap rental place for
tools (Cresco) not far away in Montclair. (I prefer the Cresco out by
the Oakland airport.)

So no, contrary to your apparently hyper-libertarian fears, the
Berkeley Tool Lending Library has *not* destroyed private entreprise
nearby.

Hard to believe considering how public libraries invariably put all the
bookstore out of business.

No emoticon, but yeah, that was sarcasm.