Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Best portable table saw

On 2/24/2009 4:36 AM HeyBub spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 2/23/2009 6:23 PM HeyBub spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

You don't happen to be anywhere near Berkeley, do you?

Why would anyone buy a table saw in Berkeley? You can check one out
of the library (and post hole diggers, power drills, scaffolding,
concrete mixers, Phillips screwdrivers, whatever).

Good point; Berkeley does have an excellent tool lending library,
including table saws. (I use the Oakland one near me, which also has
them.)
But it's still a nice tool to have one of your own. Besides, the tool
library ones are kinda small.

And, as a result, there are probably no tool rental shops in Berkeley.

Not true; they have a Hertz and a Big 4 Rents, both of which rent tools
and equipment. And there's a very good, cheap rental place for tools
(Cresco) not far away in Montclair. (I prefer the Cresco out by the
Oakland airport.)

So no, contrary to your apparently hyper-libertarian fears, the Berkeley
Tool Lending Library has *not* destroyed private entreprise nearby.

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair