Posted to rec.woodworking
-MIKE- -MIKE- is offline

Default Rockler 10% off

Fortunately I have a mom and pop hardware store relatively close by. They
have been in business since the early 60's IIRC. Two brothers decided to
go into that business together and they have been quite successful. This
store has 4 Home Depot's and 2 Lowe's within about 6 miles and this
hardware store is always growing. Service is EXCELLENT and no sale is too
small. For exact same items they are cheaper than the big boxes.
In the last few years the two brothers have retired but you see them in
there once in a while. Their nephew now runs the store and I see no
difference in quality of service or the ability to have what you need.
They still carry stuff out to the truck or car for you.

I have an Ace Hardware about ten minutes away that is great. Lots of
helpful, knowlegable employees. Then a new Ace Hardware opens up just down
the street from me. I thought this was great because it is closer.
WRONG!!!!

I have an Ace very close by. Unfortunately, they never have to lowest
price and their hours don't match that of a musician. :-)

But the average age of staff is probably 55 and every one of them,
including the "wimin," knows his stuff and has actually used the stuff
they are selling and recommending. Not like the nits at HD who don't
know the difference between drywall and cabinet screws.

I try to patronize Ace whenever possible.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--