Posted to rec.woodworking
Lee Michaels Lee Michaels is offline

Default Let's see the ATF regulate THIS

"Mike Marlow" wrote

yeah - but to be fair, there is a huge difference between a grain silo and
a woodworking shop. In the world of grain silos, the potential for an
explosion is very expected. It's not a freak accident. There is a lot
published on the mixture required for different materials to become
explosive, and grain silos can much more easily hit the right mixture for
grain. Or at least they used to. I'm sure they are more controlled now.

I remember reading a story in jr high about the explosive power of grains.
There was even some attempts to use them directly in an internal combustion
engine. They were trying to perfect a "carburator" for cornstarch. It
either did not work well or it worked too well. The resulting explosions
destroyed the engine block.