Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default A question about finishing mahogany

Dick Snyder wrote:
You asked for a report back Steve. I have put Bartley wood filler on two
different parts of my project (table top and table legs). After I apply the
oil finish, my eye detects no change in color between the filled and
unfilled table top and same on the leg. The only difference of course is
that the filled areas are smoother.

Can't remember if I've ever tried Bartley wood filler, but they make
good stuff so it's not surprising that it gave good results. And if
you're happy with it that's all that matters. :-)

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.