Posted to uk.d-i-y
Peter Parry Peter Parry is offline

Default Green U Turn on Nuclear.

On Tue, 24 Feb 2009 17:19:14 +0000, Bruce wrote:

The facts about nuclear power are very well known
and aren't going to change, so FOE won't change its view.

Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons
There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home
This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered
as a means of communication.
Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible
Airplanes are interesting toys but of no military value
Louis Pasteur's theory of germs is ridiculous fiction
640K ought to be enough for anybody
If I had thought about it, I wouldn't have done the experiment. The
literature was full of examples that said you can't do this.

One has to admire unshakeable confidence.