Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Green U Turn on Nuclear.

"Bruce" wrote in message
"dennis@home" wrote:
"John Rumm" wrote in message
snet...
The Medway Handyman wrote:
http://www.independent.co.uk/environ...e-1629327.html

At last some sense.

Shame we have lost 30 years of development while waiting...

Yes now we will get some nasty PWR reactors that go to meltdown in about
500
milliseconds rather than the AGRs we were developing that take about three
days to get to meltdown.

Ah yes, the wonderful AGRs that are suffering more downtime than almost
any other reactor design in the world due to multiple design and
construction faults. A complete waste of time and money, hence the use
of a PWR at Sizewell.

And you don't think 30 years of development would have fixed that?

The best reactor design by a long way was the 100% British Magnox, which
pre-dated the AGR. The Magnox stations have the highest load factors of
any reactor design and have proved enduringly reliable by the standards
of the nuclear industry.

Anyway, it isn't the PWR that melts down quickly, it is the latest
French design of reactor.

Its anything which has a compact core, including Sizewell.

Poor dennis, you just can't get anything right.

Poor bruce showing how wrong he can be.